Global initiative to create the ‘Most Positive Day in the World’;
March 1st: World Compliment Day!
- When is Read A Book Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Be Late For Something Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Newspaper Carrier Day in 2014 ?
- When is Skyscraper Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Beheading Day in 2014 ?
- When is Labor Day in 2014 ?
- When is Bacon Day in 2014 ?
- When is Lemon Juice Day in 2014 ?
- When is Race Your Mouse Around The Icons Day in 2014 ?
- When is Just Because Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Dog Day in 2014 ?
- When is Banana Split Day in 2014 ?
- When is Knife Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Sponge Cake Day in 2014 ?
- When is Be An Angel Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Spumoni Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Radio Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Aviation Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Bad Poetry Day in 2014 ?
- When is National Thrift Shop Day in 2014 ?
After 10 successful editions of “National Compliment Day” in the Netherlands (since 2011 also spreading into Belgium and Norway) the initiators wonder why the event should not become a ‘World Compliment Day’ and thus create ‘The Most Positive Day in the World’?
The reasoning behind it makes sense. The initiative, in contrast to Valentine’s Day, Secretaries’ Day, and Mother and Father’s Days, is not commercially oriented, so everyone can afford to participate. ‘World Compliment Day’ simply addresses the basic human need for recognition and appreciation. Nobody wins commercially, but everybody gains emotionally. And therein lies its power.
March 1st is just about consciously reflecting on what someone in your area does well and letting that person know he/she is sincerely appreciated for that. It should be done through words instead of gifts. “A sincere and personal compliment costs nothing, but the impact on the recipient is huge,” says Hans Poortvliet, recognition professional and the driving force behind the annual event in the Netherlands. “Nothing stimulates more, gives more energy, makes people happier and, as far as business is concerned, increases productivity and commitment faster than sincere appreciation. So why not use it a little bit more?”
For global promotion of the initiative Poortvliet counts on his own extensive international network, Global Calendars “And of course it is my sincere hope that Twitter & Facebook will prove their incredible strength as social media once again. After all: What is more social than showing sincere appreciation for another human being? If on March 1st every person pays at least three people in his/her environment or (social) network a genuine and sincere compliment we will definitely create the Most Positive Day in the World!”